Scholarship Application Requirements
In order to apply for a scholarship, please complete the following steps below. Applicants must be citizens of the United States. Application deadline is May 1st for all programs. An applicant may receive at most one scholarship per program during his/her lifetime. Scholarship awards will be announced 2-3 weeks after each application deadline.
Scholarship application materials must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with "SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION" in the subject line. Questions regarding this application may also be directed to email@example.com.
1. Apply to the summer program of your choice and provide proof of acceptance (or, at a minimum, proof of application to the summer program) via a screenshot of an email or similar method.
2. Submit a copy of your high school, college, and graduate school transcripts, as applicable, together with a photo which we may post on our website.
3. Submit a copy of your curriculum vitae.
4. Compose an essay of roughly 250-500 words which answers the following question: Who are you (heritage, family, education, interests, activities, values, aspirations) and why are you interested in studying Slovak language and culture?
5. Submit at least one, and, if possible, two letters of recommendation from teachers, guidance counselors, employers, colleagues/leaders of volunteer organizations, or similar recommenders.
6. SACC membership, participation, and volunteer work, as well as participation in other Slovak community activities and organizations, will be taken into consideration as part of the review of scholarship applications.
7. Please fill out the form below.